Lemax Machine & Welding
LOCATION:Lemax Machine & Welding Inc. is an aboriginal controlled company combining the ACFN Business Group (Majority Owner) and Empire Industries (Minority Partner) operating out of the Mackenzie Industrial Park in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo. Our facility consists of a 10,600 square foot building situated on two acres of land. We have ample storage space both inside and outside, which allows for plenty of laydown space for work in progress and inventory.
RELIABILITY:We are the oldest established machine and welding shop in the Fort McMurray area, and have been serving the Northeastern Alberta region since 1980. Our business was built through hard work, dedication, service and commitment to our valued customers. Although we have grown in the past years to accommodate the changes in our industry, our values remain unchanged and the cornerstone of our business still exists today. With our recent amalgamation with both the ACFN Business Group and Empire Industries this has enhanced our abilities to combine safety, reliability and quality control within our existing business plan.
Like any business, it is the staff that is the backbone of success. Lemax Machine & Welding offers a wide variety of qualified trades people to see to all of your machining and welding requirements. We have certified individuals at your disposal to provide estimates, quotations and technical support.
QUALITY CONTROL / CERTIFICATION:
Lemax Machine & Welding has a Quality Assurance Program manual developed to the requirements of CSA Standard CAN3-Z299.33 and ISO Standard 9002. Lemax Machine & Welding also provides General Welding and fabrication in accordance with CSA W59. Access to engineering and drafting personnel though our Empire Industries Ltd partnership. We also have access to an in-house QA Inspector located at our affiliated ACE Industrial Services facility.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY:
Environmental Health and Safety are important issues at Lemax Machine & Welding, and in order to address those issues we have compiled a manual outlining our policy. The manual deals in such areas as Loss Management, Inspection, Substance Abuse, Environmental Hazards and Safe Work Practices. All employees are required to adhere to the company’s policy manual and subsequent training as a prerequisite to employment. In addition many of our employees are orientated for site access to Syncrude Canada Ltd. and the Suncor Oilsands Group. This also includes area specific orientation in designated areas. Our trade’s people are C.S.T.S. trained by the Alberta Construction Association and have SMART Cards. We utilize the strengths of our ACFN Business Group Safety team (TRIF 0.5 in 2009) for in house and field inspections.
All labour is performed in our facility in Fort McMurray with the only exception being field services, which are performed at the customer’s job site. It is a Lemax Machine & Welding policy to utilize local, aboriginal and or Alberta based suppliers whenever possible.
In keeping with our policy regarding local content we also endeavour to provide employment, when possible, to local and aboriginal residents. We are currently involved with the Co-Op Apprenticeship program and see this as an excellent opportunity to advance young men and women in the trades program.
Lemax Machine and Welding through its ownership structure is part of an organization of 18 businesses which include the ACFN Business Group (51% Ownership) and Empire Industries Ltd (49%). The overall employee base of the workforce is 1,300 people primarily in Western Canada. ACFN Business Group has over 700 staff in the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
On November 1, 2008 Lemax Machine & Welding became part of the ACFN Business Group/Empire Industries partnership. Lemax Machine and Welding and ACE Industrial Services are the two Fort McMurray based companies under this partnership.
Lemax Machine & Welding has a full compliment of shop equipment available. We strive to keep up with new technology and our customers’ needs, and enhance or purchase equipment accordingly. The following is a list of the current equipment available:
- Two (2) Lathes up to 20” swing x 15” over saddle x 60” between centres
- Five (5) Lathes up to 40” swing x 30” over saddle x 120” between centres
- One (1) Hollow Spindle Lathe 12 ½” through spindle up to 48” swing x 35” over saddle x 96” between centres
- Three (3) Milling Machines
- Two (2) Radial Arm Drills
- One (1) Horizontal Boring Mill with 6” spindle c/w 15’ x 15’ floor plate and 7’ x 7’ 360 degree rotary table
- One (1) horizontal Boring Mill with 3” spindle and 5’ x 3’ table
- One (1) Surface Grinder 12” x 30” table
- One (1) Keyseater
- Two (2) Hydraulic Presses 10 and 20-ton capacity
- Two (2) Band Saws up to 20” capacity
- One (1) Rigid Threading Machine
WELDING / FABRICATION SHOP:
- One (1) Hydraulic Plate Shear 1/2” x 12’ capacity
- One (1) Hydraulic Press Brake 350 Ton capacity
- One (1) Plate roll ½” x 8’ capacity
- One (1) Hydraulic iron Worker 90 Ton capacity
- One (1) Four Torch Oxy/Acetylene Profile Cutting Table
- One (1) ID 25 Bore Welder
- Seven (7) 300/400 Amp Rectifier Welding Machines
- Two (2) 500 Amp Mig Welding Machines c/w Wire feeds
- Two (2) Plasma Arc Cutting Units
- One (1) Submersible Arc Welding Machine
- One (1) Spray Welding Machine
- One (1) 3 Ton Fully Tooled Service Truck
- Four (4) Fully equipped 1 Ton Service Trucks
- One (1) Tooled ¾ Ton Service Trucks
- Two (2) 1/2 Ton Crew Trucks
- Seven (7) Portable align boring machines 3 hydraulic and 4 electric
- Two (2) automated bore welding machines 1/2'' - 54'' capacity
- One (1) Portable Hydraulic flange facer 14” to 60” diameter capacity
- One (1) Portable Welding Unit c/w Oxy/Acetylene
- One (1) 1 Ton Flat Deck Delivery Truck
- Two (2) 5-ton Overhead Cranes.
- One (1) 10-ton R80 Caterpillar Forklift.
- One (1) 19-ton Hyster Forklift.
- Custom machining of new parts and repairs to used parts
- Repair of Electrical Motor Rotor Shafts, Stators and End Bells
- Turbine repairs, re-blading, shaft and diaphragm repair
- Heat exchanger machining. Including Tube Bundles, Tube Shell and Channel Heads. Both in shop and in-situ
- Design, fabrication, repair and alteration of flanges and fittings
- Oilfield manufactured parts, API Threads, Pipe Transitions, Spools, and Victaulic rings
- Heavy Equipment repairs including Wheel hubs, Circles, Swing Frames, cylinders, and Link Assemblies
- Portable repairs including Align Boring Buckets, Blades, Main Frames and Hitches
- Manufacture of Pins, Bushings, and Sleeves
- General Welding and Fabrication
- Plate Processing including plate rolling, plate shearing and plate bending
- Multi Torch Oxy/Acetylene and Plasma Cutting
- Roller and Idler Hard Surfacing
- Aluminum and Cast Iron Repair
- Submerged Arc Welding